Title: She Can Prosper
Author: Diane Watson
My Rating: 5 out of 5
Diane Watson is an award-winning, distinguished financial advisor, entrepreneur, and the passionate founder of ‘She Can Prosper.’
With an unshakable belief in empowering women to achieve financial independence, Diane has dedicated her career to guiding individuals towards a secure and prosperous future.
Like most people, Diane has faced significant obstacles in life. She wasn’t born into a wealthy family and had very little money when she left university. But through the financial lessons her mother had shared with her, she was driven to achieve as much as possible. Diane has taken big but educated risks, from house relocations to setting up her first business.
Her view is that you can afford to take risks if you stay informed and remain continually aware of what’s going on around you.
Through her work as a financial advisor, she witnessed far too many women abdicating responsibility for their finances to their partners.
The realisation was that women who did not take control of their finances were being left vulnerable and potentially severely impacted later in life. Their lack of knowledge or input into shaping their financial future was the catalyst to write this book.
Following an easy-to-read step-by-step process, this book explores –
- What does prosperity mean today?
- The life stages of prosperity and how to plan your financial future. In an easy-to-navigate format, this covers all the steps you need to take in your 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s.
- The steps to building prosperity include budgeting skills, building your credit score, dealing with debt, saving, investing and creating a retirement plan.
- Protecting your prosperity: Why critical illness, income protection and life cover should be an important consideration. The importance of writing a will and lasting power of attorney.
- Your money and your relationships: Recognising the signs of financial abuse, dealing with separation and divorce, teaching your children good money habits.
- Business Finances: advice and tips when you run your own business.
- Creating a Prosperous Mindset: Exploring why your background and childhood can influence your relationship with money. Background and Childhood Influence Your Relationship
- Improving Your Money Mindset: How to start to develop positive financial habits.
- Critical advice when considering working with a financial advisor.
- Your Personal Finance Top 10 Checklist
- A resource section shares websites, books and podcasts on personal finance.
The book aims to provide women of all backgrounds with the knowledge, tools, and support they need to take control of their financial destinies.
This book shares not only Diane’s insights and advice on the importance of financial education but also the stories of women who have successfully achieved their financial goals and those who made serious errors of judgment.
Diane is driven to share this fundamental message: financial empowerment is the key to unlocking all the opportunities life has to offer.
My Review of She Can Prosper
Written by award-winning author, Diane Watson – She Can Prosper is a unique guide for women to unlock their financial independence and thrive. It’s perfect for women at various different stages of their financial lives.
The book is packed full of actionable tips and covers many topics from pre-nuptial agreements, financial abuse, and sharing financial goals in a relationship, to the finances involved in running a business. It also includes helpful checklists for women in their twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, and sixties, so they can see what their financial priorities should be at these pivotal points in life, as well as real-life stories to highlight each area of focus.
She Can Prosper is not the usual type of book I would reach for, however, I was pleasantly surprised at how informative and helpful it is. The book is written in an easy-to-understand format, and covers many focus areas that really get you thinking about your finances and positive actions to take in order to feel confident and happy for your future financial situation.
Thank you to Literally PR for providing the materials for this post and organising the Book Tour for She Can Prosper. Be sure to check out the other blogs that participated in this book tour.