Wow, how the heck is it the 1st September already? Summer has pretty much come and gone, and before we know it all thoughts will turn to Christmas. I don’t know about you, but 2019 has completely flown by. It has been a very different year for me – the first year of being single (and 40!), but I am actually super happy for the first time in a really long time – more about that in future posts – keep your eyes peeled!
September is here, a fresh new month. I have lots planned for the month full of new and exciting challenges and goals:
1. Write 2 posts a week – For so long now, one of my goals has been to commit to writing 3 posts a week – and I have failed miserably! I have now decided that posting twice a week is more realistic and much more do-able for me, so that is my new goals for September – to post consistently twice a week.
2. Work on my Social Media platforms -I am so very grateful to every single one of my followers – thank you so much for sticking with me. One of my overall goals is for me to work on and build my Social Media platforms, and spend a lot more time and effort being active and posting on all my social media as often as I possibly can.
3. Work on my Instagram– This goal follows on from above. As a Blogger, I know that Social Media is very important, and I have always had a love affair with Twitter, but I am starting to realise that Instagram is now the platform that all the influencers are using, and that I need to seriously up my Instagram game.
My instagram feed is not pretty, it is more real-life, and I get super nervous doing the whole talking to camera thing on Instagram Stories, but I really want to give it a go. I am posting a lot more on Instagram, but I still need to do a lot more to make my Instagram a platform I am happy with.
4. Figure out Pinterest – I absolutely have no idea at all when it comes to Pinterest – it is one of the platforms I just haven’t delved into yet. However, I really want to use Pinterest more to help promote my Blog. So, if you want to help a girl out, I would love it if you followed me over on my Pinterest.
5 Attend More Blogger Events – I am very lucky that I have already attended several Blogger Events this year, and have developed a really close circle of Blogger friends who all live locally to me. I recently have become a lot more involved in some local events near to me, and through that have been given the opportunity to Blog for other people, and I would love this to continue. I have a few local events coming up in September, which I am really excited for.
My Personal Goals for September are pretty much the same as August – they are all really on-going goals for me to work on myself and get me back to the happy person I used to be:
1. Exercise regularly – Now my life is a little less chaotic, I can finally spend some time on me, and getting my arse back to the gym again! I am hoping to sit down with my diary, and plan at least a few classes and swimming sessions in – I know this sounds a bit boring, but it really helps me if I have it planned in my diary – I am a planning kind of girl! I am still following the Slimming World plan, and you can read about how I am getting on HERE.
2. Look after ME –Life has really calmed down for me now, and I am looking forward to spending a lot more time on myself, and looking after myself. I realise that self-care, in whatever form that takes, is so very important, and from now on, I will be spending a lot more time on self-care and taking care of me.
3. Read more – Reading is the one thing I really love. I have been reading a lot in August and this has really helped me to relax and feel calm. I have been taking part in a lot of Book Blog Tours recently, which has given me the perfect opportunity to cuddle up on the sofa and indulge in some me time with a good book.
4. Write in my Journal – I love spending just a few minutes at the end of the day writing in my journal – how my day has been, how I am feeling and what I want to achieve. This for me has been the biggest positive change I have made – spending just a few minutes each day writing in my journal helps me so much to process thoughts and concerns I have. I am thinking of writing a post about how journaling has helped me process things that are going on in my life. Let me know if you would be interested in reading about my journaling journey.
Have you made any Goals for September or any Goals for the rest of this year? Leave me a comment below and let me know.