July was a really hard month for me emotionally. The time when I finally packed up all my belongings and said goodbye to my beautiful home. One of the hardest things I have ever done – both mentally and physically (imagine packing and moving on the hottest day of the year on record – yes that was me!)
August is here, a fresh new month and a fresh new start for me, where I can put the last year completely behind me, move on with my life, and I am very excited for all the new ventures and adventures to come! So, here are my Goals for August:
1. Write 3 posts a week – Now that I have found my motivation and love for Blogging again, and that my life is fairly drama-free, I will have a lot more time to concentrate on my Blog. I really want to go back to posting 3 times a week – I have planned out my content for all of August – I just need to sit down and do what I love most – writing!
2. Work on my Social Media platforms -I am so very grateful to every single one of my followers – thank you so much for sticking with me. One of my overall goals is for me to work on and build my Social Media platforms, and spend a lot more time and effort being active and posting on all my social media as often as I possibly can.
3. Work on my Instagram– This goal follows on from above. As a Blogger, I know that Social Media is very important, and I have always had a love affair with Twitter, but I am starting to realise that Instagram is now the platform that all the influencers are using, and that I need to seriously up my Instagram game.
My instagram is not pretty, it is more real-life, and I get super nervous doing the whole talking to camera thing on Instagram Stories, but I really want to give it a go. I am posting a lot more on Instagram, but I still need to do a lot more to make my Instagram a platform I am happy with.
4. Attend More Blogger Events – I am very lucky that I have already attended several Blogger Events this year, and have developed a really close circle of Blogger friends who all live locally to me. I recently have become a lot more involved in some local events near to me, and through that have been given the opportunity to Blog for other people, and I would love this to continue. I have a few local events coming up in August and September, which I am really excited for.
1. Exercise regularly – Now my life is a little less chaotic, I can finally spend some time on me, and getting my arse back to the gym again! I am hoping to sit down with my diary, and plan at least a few classes and swimming sessions in – I know this sounds a bit boring, but it really helps me if I have it planned in my diary – I am a planning kind of girl! I am still following the Slimming World plan, and you can read about how I am getting on HERE.
2. Look after ME –Life has really calmed down for me now, and I am looking forward to spending a lot more time on myself, and looking after myself. I realise that self-care, in whatever form that takes, is so very important, and from now on, I will be spending a lot more time on self-care and taking care of me.
3. Read more – Reading is the one thing I really love. I have been reading quite a lot through July, which has really helped me to relax and keep calm, throughout a very hectic time in my life. I am taking part in a few Blog Tours this month, which is the perfect opportunity to cuddle up on the sofa and indulge in some me time with a good book.
4. Write in my Journal – I love spending just a few minutes at the end of the day writing in my journal – how my day has been, how I am feeling and what I want to achieve. This for me has been the biggest positive change I have made – spending just a few minutes each day writing in my journal helps me so much to process thoughts and concerns I have. I am thinking of writing a post about how journaling has helped me process things that are going on in my life. Let me know if you would be interested in reading about my journaling journey.