Welcome to my December Goals post – I am a little bit late this month, but hey, who cares right!? How are we just a few weeks away from the end of 2018? This year has gone by in the blink of an eye, and I would like to say its flown by because 2018 has been amazing, however, I am sad to say that that hasn’t been the case.
My Blog has taken a back seat the last few weeks, things have been very hard for me, as my Dad recently passed away very suddenly. It has been a huge shock to me, and made me take stock of a lot of things in my life. I intend to make a lot of changes for 2019, but thats for another day. Meanwhile, take a look at my Goals for December:
1. Write 3 posts a week – This is going to be a bit of a challenge for me, but something I really want to do. I have hardly Blogged at all throughout November, so I am not sure if this one is going to be achievable for me for December, but I will try. If I don’t manage this throughout December, then this is one of my main aims to work on for 2019.
2. Hit 3,050 followers on Twitter -I am so very grateful to every single one of my followers – thank you so much for sticking with me. One of my overall goals is for me to build my Twitter following and for me to be more active on Twitter and hopefully get more of you amazing people reading and liking and engaging with my Blog.
3. Hit 550 followers on Instagram, and maintain 500 followers – I finally made it past the elusive 500 followers on Instagram, however because I haven’t been very active on my Social Media platforms over the last few months, I have lost a lot of followers on Instagram. I need to work really hard to keep building my Instagram engagement and post more often. My Instagram is not very ‘pretty’ like a lot of other Bloggers I follow. Mine is just more real-life – photos of me and the things that I love. Instagram really does baffle me, and it appears that Instagram really is the platform that so many influencers are using at the moment.
4. Figure out LinkedIn – I still need to spend some time working on my LinkedIn profile, and understanding how I can use this platform to help me promote my Blog.
5. Attend More Blogger Events – I am very lucky that I have already attended a few Blogger Events this year, and I recently have become a lot more involved in some local events near to me, and through that have been given the opportunity to Blog for other people. I already have a few exciting events lined up for the start of 2019, and I can’t wait to attend more throughout the year.
6. Write more Guest Posts – I would love to be able to write some Guest Posts for other Blogs. I really love writing and I would love to share my writing with other Bloggers.
This is going to be really difficult for me to set myself any specific personal goals for this month– I am still going through a really difficult time with things, and I just haven’t been taking very good care of myself, or spending any real time on myself at all:
1. Exercise regularly – I literally have done no exercise at all, and I have been eating so badly – yes, the whole comfort eating has been my life recently. I have been finding it so hard just to even get up and get myself to work each day. I know how bad this is for me, not just physically, but mentally as well. I need to find something simple for me to start with as an outlet for everything, like yoga or swimming, to help take my mind off all the bad stuff, and try and focus me onto something positive for a while.
2. Look after ME – I just haven’t been taking care of myself at all, and I now need to spend some time on myself. Things have been so hard recently for me – just getting out of bed and going to work each day has felt like a real effort. I have to stop using excuses and spend the time on myself, and not feel guilty that I am being selfish.
3. Read more – I need to start reading again, I enjoy it so much and it really does help relax me, and at the moment, anything that takes my mind away from my real-life is perfect with me. I really want to enjoy reading again, as I have some really good books in my To Be Read pile.
4. Write in my Journal – I have been writing down my feelings in my journal, and It has really been helping me to process everything. This is one goal that I will keep doing through December and beyond. It really is such a therapeutic process of getting all the jumbled up thoughts out of my mind, written down and made some sense of.
Have you made any Goals for December yet? Let me know what you really want to achieve this month in the comments.