Welcome to my July Goals post. As I am writing this, we are having a bit of a heatwave where I live, and it is super hot – I have been spending a lot of time in the garden, as unfortunately, I’m not going to be having an abroad holiday this year (very sad), so I have been trying to replicate the chilled sun lounger vibe in my garden – just minus the inviting swimming pool!
Anyway, I totally digress – here are my Goals for July . . .
1. Write 3 posts a week – I have really struggled with this in June. My job has been so busy and I have been working late pretty much most evenings, and really have had no motivation to sit down at my laptop in the evenings, and literally by the time I get to the weekend, I have been so exhausted. I did actually write a Blog post on What I have learnt since becoming a Blogger, which includes a lack of time to sit down and write Blog posts. I am hoping that I can get myself organised and that I can get some posts written and scheduled.
2. Hit 2,700 followers on Twitter -I am so very grateful to every single one of my followers – thank you so much for sticking with me. One of my overall goals is for me to build my Twitter following and for me to be more active on Twitter and hopefully get more of you amazing people reading and liking and engaging with my Blog.
3. Maintain 500 followers on Instagram and increase my followers – I finally made it past the elusive 500 followers on Instagram. My goal is to keep building my Instagram engagement and post more often. My Instagram is not very ‘pretty’ like a lot of other Bloggers I follow. Mine is just more real-life – photos of me and the things that I love. Instagram really does baffle me – it really is so hard to maintain your followers, so thank you to all of my followers who are still with me.
4. Attend More Blogger Events – I am very lucky that I have already attended a few Blogger Events this year, and I recently have become a lot more involved in some local events near to me, and through that have been given the opportunity to Blog for other people. Please have a read of my blog post all about the recent Cheltenham Beauty Week HERE
1. Exercise regularly – I am still really struggling with this at the moment – I wrote a Blog post explaining why, if you wanted to have a read, you can do HERE. I am trying to build my confidence back up in myself to get back into exercise again.
2. Look after ME – I am very much into the idea of self-care, and looking after myself more this year. I am a natural-born worrier, and I really need to try and take some time out for myself, without feeling guilty or that I am letting people down. I finally have managed to take a bit of time out for me – I got a facial and a manicure, and even just taking few hours out to spend a bit of time in myself felt so good.
3. Read more – I have actually read quite a bit through June. I have taken part in quite a few Book Blog Tours in June and coming up in July, and it has been great to be able to read again, and enjoy reading.
4. Write in my Journal – I love spending just a few minutes at the end of the day writing in my journal – how my day has been, how I am feeling and what I want to achieve. This for me has been the biggest positive change I have made – spending just a few minutes each day writing in my journal helps me so much to process thoughts and concerns I have. This is definitely something I will continue into July, and beyond.
Have you made any Goals for June or any Goals for 2018 yet?